Established October 1, 2005.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Embarrassing

Yesterday, I had my postpartum checkup and the boys joined me. Wow! Was this ever a bad decision. My first mistake, apparently, was to schedule it right after David's nap. He was fine when he woke up. He was fine on the drive. He had juice, snack, and a book to keep him entertained. I even brought the Nuk just in case. It wasn't until we had to pass the Ped's waiting room. He has a good memory! Of course he wanted to go play with the the hoards of toys and bikes, who wouldn't? I knew if I let him, I would never get him back. I stood my ground and kept him in the stroller. He disliked this decision, but still was behaving. It wasn't until the nurse called me back, then he let the entire clinic know he wasn't happy. I tried to push the snack, juice, book, and pacifier...nope. In the stroller, out of the stroller, on my lap, on the chair. None of this made him happy. He even pulled out the classic tantrum move of lying on the ground-gross! The nurse offered to get him a coloring book and crayons. I met her in the hallway. I couldn't take the screeching anymore. I shyly asked the nurse and my doctor to babysit Henry while David and I went to the pharmacy for a treat. As soon as he sees the candy he giggles-are you kidding me?! A 5 cent lollipop saved me. He was fairly cooperative for the rest of the visit, but boy was I glad to get out of there. From here on out I will be getting a sitter for any future appointments. Thank you to the nurse and Dr. Buss for being so patient. Needless to say, I had a headache!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I'm totally sympathetic, and amazed that you attempted it at all! Good thing you don't have to go back for another year or so, huh?:)

    ReplyDelete