We recently received a wedding invitation in the mail for a friend of a friend. We decided, what the heck-lets go. It has been a long time since Dave and I have gone out together, much less gotten dressed up to go out. This is how it went:
We arrived early, so H nursed in the van and Dave and D went for a walk. So far, so good. While in the church, D was talking softly to himself and checking out the hymnals. Dave, however, decided it was too much and ran out with him. I think he may have jumped the gun. D was behaving quite well for a 20 month old and I don't think anyone was bothered by his sweet chattering. So that left H and I to enjoy a great sermon together. Just before the vows began, H decided it was his turn to talk. This wasn't happy talk-it was hungry talk. So I moved back a few pews and we danced to the music. This wasn't enough to distract him, so we left the ceremony also. While H and I were in the foyer, I could hear D giggling outside with another pair of wedding fugitives. :)
Once at the reception, we lasted about an hour. It was a cocktail/hors d'oeuvres reception which didn't provide many toddler friendly options. I prepared poorly. The snacks just weren't doing it for him. We left just as the more filling apps were being served, if you call 'sliders' more filling. The lines were quite long and just not worth it. Our evening ended with a swing through a fast-food joint. So in the end, we basically got dressed up to go to McDonald's-AWESOME!
This made me laugh... it is so hard to go out sometimes! It's such a hungry/crabby time... I guess mere & jordan drove through McDonald's after their wedding reception ended... I would have loved to have seen the worker who served the bride & groom hamburgers at 1am...
ReplyDeleteThis story is so funny! I can just see you swaying to the wedding music in the back of the church. I'm sure the wedding musicians appreciated that you(both) were enjoying their music! You and Dave were pretty brave going to a wedding with two little boys, and I do so enjoy reading about your family adventures.
ReplyDelete