I just have to gush about my boys for a minute. They are AWESOME!
D hasn't been feeling the best for the last week due to the fact he is getting 4 teeth! I think one is finally through, but that still leaves 3 more of those pointy cuspid teeth. Last Saturday, we planned to go to Dave's Duathlon race and D woke up with fever. With a little help from, my friend, Tylenol he pulled it together and we enjoyed a great morning.
On Wednesday, we all (Daddy too) went to the MN Zoo. It was a beautiful day with perfect, kid friendly, weather. D was still out of sorts in the morning, but we reminded him we were going to see animals. He perked right up once we arrived. D loves animals. It was so fun to watch the excitement in his eyes.
He was quite the trooper and walked more than half of the way around the zoo. This is a big zoo people!
He was quite the trooper and walked more than half of the way around the zoo. This is a big zoo people!
D is also 'chatting' up a storm. He will also repeat nearly everything you ask him to say. He understands any commands we may give him. Does he always follow through with them-of course not, he's an almost 2 year old!
His fav cartoon is 'Super Why!' and the kids do a 'hands in the middle' cheer. So I showed D how to do it. I wasn't sure he caught on until a few days later. He walked up to me with his hand outstretched waiting for the cheer. He will come find me (even if it's the bathroom) to do the cheer. So cute! And every time we watch the 'Wheel of Fortune' he shouts out "G!!" I just love this guy. It's just amazing how much their little brains absorb.
------------
Now, little or should I say big H. He has caught us by surprise. He could hold his head up since birth. D did this too-so no big deal. He has grown like a weed. We have started moving him up to the next size (3-6mo) of clothes. Not because of his width, but his length. He has a looong torso like Daddy. And what's with this rolling over business?!?! I was quite shocked the first time, but he hasn't stopped. Of course, he won't roll over when we are trying to show him off ;-)
This growing and moving is all new for us. D was always behind the clothing suggestions and his milestones were 'right on time'. What does this little guy have in store for us? Can't wait to find out!!
H is ready to run with big brother! The next time you guys are in KC visiting your sister you HAVE to check out Deanna Rose - maybe you've been there before. It's a fabulous farm with lots of animals to feed and even pet. You can watch a cow get milked, go on pony rides, the whole deal. And the kicker? $2! AND they stamp your ticket so you can leave for naps and come back if you want! We went this morning and M is zonked. She, too, walked quite a bit. These big kiddos we have! : ) Thanks for posting on my blog... you make my day. : ) Thanks for updating your blog - I love to hear about your boys (and you of course!).
ReplyDeleteThat was a great blog. You made me laugh, saying David yells out the letter "G"! And Henry - well what can I say, other then I need to come visit and see all his tricks!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to party with these dudes!
ReplyDelete