Established October 1, 2005.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Let's see...what's new?

David:

Well, he got bit on the cheek again at school. Ugh!! I noticed it immediately when I got home from work. Apparently, another boy bit him during a 'fight' over a book. This other boy is apparently new to the daycare. I hope this isn't a habit of his. This is now the second time my baby has been bit. I have a feeling it may be a power thing. The first time occurred when David was rather new to the school. He is such a good sharer (his teacher also confirmed this), I just don't see that as the problem. And he is sooo little. He needs to learn how to stick up for himself, although I don't want him to become a biter either.

David is on a Toy Story kick-why did I buy that movie?! We watch it nearly everyday (too often, I agree). If it was up to David it would just be on continuous repeat. He is now getting the remote and attempting to turn the DVD on himself. "Buzz-ear, Buzz-ear", he says. That's Buzz Light Year, for those of you not familiar with toddler lingo. He also says "a-o" for Mr. Potato Head, "Rocky" for Rocky, uh-the muscle man. He refuses to say "Woody" though-must be too tricky. I guess if he has to have a fixation on a movie, at least it's a good one. 

Last night, he was trying to scare Dave and I. He would run around the corner to get into a better position of catching us by surprise. Then he would shuffle his feet, scrunch down his shoulders and when we were in sight yell, "Boo!" It was the cutest thing and he was so proud of himself.

I finally made him a picture book with photos of family and friends. We don't get to see everyone very often so I hope this helps him stay familiar with all of the faces/names. He is always looking for "Joey" and "Bennn" (Jozie and Ben).

Henry:

I hope it's just a growth spurt because he is no longer sleeping through the night. Too bad for me. One nighttime feeding I can handle, but two or even three-NO! If David doesn't grow soon, the boys will be wearing the same size clothes. H is already wearing 6 months clothing. He barely gets a chance to wear everything he owns before he's out grown it.

I hate to admit it, but I think he is a thumb-sucker. I know it's not the worst thing in the world, but I think it's kinda gross. I just can't imagine him putting that thing in his mouth once he starts crawling..ewww! For now it's cute. If I catch him I pull his hand away and say no, no, no. Then he gives me a great big smile. He sure is sneaky with that finger. Sometimes I can't even tell it's in his mouth. Tricky little guy. 

He is now enjoying his activity bouncer, with a little support. He needs all the upright entertainment he can handle-That boy has quite a flat noggin. I hope it's just a baby thing and not helmet worthy. I'll be asking his pediatrician about that.

Oh, last weekend, the four of us participated in the Autumn Woods Classic in Maple Grove. Dave ran the 10k and was 3rd overall (1st in his age group). He did great! The boys and I walked the 5k. Henry was in the BabyBjorn and David in the jogging stroller. Quite the sight! We overheard one lady ask "Is she running with that baby?" Yes, I'm running with a 3 month old strapped to the front of me-eyeroll! 
Had I known about all of the hills and the 1 mile in the grass I may have passed. It was so hard carrying and pushing the extra weight up and down the steep hills. We finished under 50 minutes...Dave's 10k time was much faster! Other comments I received: "Very ambitious", "3 for the price of 1", and "Youngest finisher". Henry slept the entire race and we all enjoyed a wonderful fall day. Yay for family time.

4 comments:

  1. gah! nice catch up! i love that you did that race with two babies----i bet you can accomplish anything after conquering the work week day care drop off routine.

    we miss you guys and those babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Archie loves the Bjorn too! Last week he refused to be put down, so I put him in it so I could do the dishes. Worked great.

    Love hearing about those boys, can't wait for them to meet their other cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Love all these little stories. Looking forward to hanging out with the boys again.:)

    ps - you might want to change my blog address in your "blog list" - I've posted more frequently than that!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think our boys need to hang out again sometimeafter the holidays, Aidan is into Toy Story to and jumps off of the couches all day long shouting to Infinity and beyond. And me, well I am getting tired of being called Woody :)

    ReplyDelete