5 years already?! Yes, Dave and I just celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary. This is a milestone, so we decided to celebrate. Looking back, we haven't really ever celebrated an anniversary. Year One: Dave ran the TC Marathon, but we did make it out to lunch afterward with friends. Year Two: Sorry, can't remember. Year Three: Went to a friend's wedding (very pregnant with David). Year Four: Again didn't do anything that I can remember (barely pregnant with Henry).
Fridays are play date days so I couldn't miss that, especially a trip to the zoo! So the boys and I went to the zoo, while Dave went for a run (he kindly took the day off). We left the house all bundled up, but by the time we arrived at the zoo it was sunny and WARM. We were all stripping off coats and hats. We couldn't have asked for a nicer fall day. Even the animals were all outside enjoying the weather. Great way to start the day!
Since my brother and SIL were watching the boys overnight we made the switch before leaving the zoo. No, I didn't cry, but my eyes were a little moist. :-) It's easy when you know they are going to have so much fun. David can't get enough of cousin 'Joey' (Jozie).
So Dave and I began our date with lunch at Tugg's in downtown Minneapolis. This is also the beginning of a list of drinks for me. What the heck, I better enjoy some liquor while I can. We enjoyed listening to conversations of the retired folks and watching young men hit on the women. We then took a stroll across the Stone Arch Bridge-this is where Dave proposed. We passed a wedding party getting their photos taken...a good luck sign, maybe. We reminisced a bit and then it started to sprinkle so we headed back. Oh, I had a Bloody Mary plus chaser.
We made a pit stop at La Casita for a delicious margarita before heading to our old stomping grounds-Maple Grove. Ok, I was starting to feel a little buzzed after this one! Then on our way to check into the hotel so I could pump and dump ;)
Next off to a movie, but wait. It turns out we missed the afternoon showing and the next one wasn't until 10:20!! Are you kidding?! I'm usually sleeping by 9. We then went over the Dave and Buster's to kill some time. I'm glad we did. It was a lot of fun, especially beating Dave in basketball and trivia. (Fruity drink and Tom Collins)
Dinner was at Granite City and we watched the Twins lose-boo. I had some yummy beer cheese soup, pizza, a sample beer, and a glass of wine. We unofficially met at GC in Fargo during college. We were sitting at the same table with friends, but didn't get introduced until the next night, but we definitely noticed each other at GC.
Now, off to the movie with our pre-purchased candy from the grocery store. I amazingly stayed awake. Probably helped that the movie (Inception) was interesting and kept my attention. But by the end (nearly 1 am) I was looking forward to a nice night of sleep. However, due to the crazy movie, I had strange dreams all night. I never feel rested after a night of dreaming. Oh well, at least I got to sleep in until 8, after my internal alarm woke me up at 6:30.
Dave went for another run and then we enjoyed our breakfast and some chocolate dipped fruit from our bouquet that Dave surprised me with.
I would say that was a great anniversary. We actually felt like we were on a real date, pre-kids. It was nice to be able to talk to each other rather than at each other. We had a lot of FUN and no bickering was allowed! I got all my drinks in. I think we accomplished everything we had planned with a few additions too. It was relaxing to be without the boys, but we missed them a lot. Couldn't wait to go pick them up and get back to our real lives.
how great is THAT! tim and i barely spend that much time together all at once, and we don't even have children to get in the way. kudos to making it a priority and having a great time together.
ReplyDeleteFive years. : ) Awww! Congrats! Glad your bro and SIL could babysit. That's SO awesome!JJ has to remind me how long we've been married... (seven years in a few months! Crazy!). We are bad about celebrating our anniversary. It is ALWAYS the first day back from Christmas break. Boo.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys had a great time.
ReplyDeleteLove this!
ReplyDeleteAlso, really love that you beat Dave at trivia, even after a few drinks. Take THAT! :)