Wow, I guess it was quite the busy summer since I haven't updated David's blog since then. Well things are quieting down a little, just a wee little bit so I will give you a quick glimpse into the life of David.
In September, he was one of three ring bearers in my sister's wedding. Due to the fact that he can't walk, he and Jozie (my neice) were pulled in a wagon by the two older ring bearers. During rehearsal everything was fine, but the day of the wedding David was a little ansty. Gpa Wetzel gave him his car keys which distracted him thoroughly as he made his little journey. It was just the sweetest thing. My sister-in-law, Kelly (Jozie's mom), metioned that she felt as if she was at Jozie's funeral as she laid her in the wagon. We were all giggling at her comment, but it really did sort of resemble a coffin especially with the black blanket and not to mention Jozie was totally out-sleeping like a lamb. And then, I nearly peed my pants as the two boys pulled the wagon down the aisle. Little Dillan was laughing so hard, he was nearly bent in half and Little Gene'o wasn't watching where he was going and they ran into one of the pews. Hilarious! I wish I had had a better vantage point.
Let's see what else is new...David has four teeth: 2 bottom, 2 top. I think he may even be sprouting his 3rd top incisor. He eats like a little carnivor, but he almost always uses his thumb and index finger. Such manners. I swear he eats as much as I do. I don't seem to keep enough on the plate. He definitely loves fruit especially bananas and mandarin oranges. Sometimes I feel like he is ahead of the game when it comes to eating table food, but the little guy just prefers to feed himself. If I attempt to feed him he will try to intercept it so he can do it himself.
He is 'walking' around like crazy. Of course, not without assistance, yet. Whether it's you, the couch, a box-whatever-he must be touching something. He can stand perfectly well so I don't know what he is waiting for to take those first steps. He loves pushing around boxes. I think Dave thought he was deprived so we bought him a little shopping cart to push around. I'm pretty sure he still prefers the boxes! Oh well, Christmas gift buying should be easy--just give him the leftover paper and boxes :)
David is also babbling away. He doesn't have any 'real' words as of right now. He still says dadada a lot and mum here and there, but I don't think he is associating them with us or anything else for that matter. Before I know it he will be yelling 'mmmmmaaaaaaaammmmm!'
The other day I received a letter from Babies r Us informing me on "How to Plan Your Child's First Birthday". I admit I was tearing up as I read this silly checklist. I can't believe David is going to ONE next month. A year seems to go by so much faster when you are checking off baby milestones month after month. This has been one of the most challenging and doubly rewarding years of my life...if I could only push pause every once in awhile to fully enjoy each and every moment.
You think this year went by fast, just wait, before you know it, he will be graduating from HS and you will be wondering where the time went. Enjoy every day and moment with your son. I speak from experience.
ReplyDelete